Adding lemon to water not only quenches thirst better than any other beverage, but it also nourishes our body with vitamins, minerals and trace elements that we absolutely need. Lemon with water can be considered the best natural booster. When we wake up in the morning, our bodily tissues are dehydrated and are in need of water to push out toxins and regenerate the cells.
In other words this, homemade “lemonade” helps eliminate external toxins, regulating proper kidney and digestive tract functions by forcing them to work as smoothly as possible.
20 Unbelievable Reasons to Start your Day with Water and Lemon
- Water with lemon provides the body with electrolytes which hydrate your body. As lemons contain a good amount of electrolytes such as potassium, calcium and magnesium.
- Water with lemon is good for the joints, reducing pain in the joints and muscles.
- Warm water with lemon helps digestion as lemon contains citric acid. It interacts with our enzymes and acids which easily stimulate the secretion of gastric juice and digestion.
- The liver produces more enzymes from water with lemon than any other food.
- Water with lemon cleanses the liver. Lemon juice stimulates the liver to release toxins.
- Water with lemon helps fight infections of the respiratory tract, sore throats and inflammation of the tonsils. This is due to the anti-inflammatory properties of lemon.
- Water with lemon helps regulate natural bowel movement.
- Water with lemon is indispensable for the normal work of metabolism. Since lemon is a powerful antioxidant, it protects the body from free radicals and strengthens the immune system.
- Water with lemon aids in the proper functioning of the nervous system (as lemon has a high content of potassium). Depression and anxiety are often the results of low levels of potassium in the blood. The nervous system needs a sufficient amount of potassium to ensure sustainable signals to the heart.
- Water with lemon cleanses the blood, blood vessels and arteries.
- Water with lemon can help lower blood pressure. A daily intake of one lemon can reduce high blood pressure by 10%.
- Water with lemon creates an alkalizing effect in the body. Even if you drink it immediately before a meal, it can help
your body maintain a higher level of pH, the more your body is able to fight diseases.
- Water with lemon is good for the skin. Vitamin C in lemon improves our skin by regenerating the body. Drinking water with lemon regularly (every morning) will improve the condition of your skin.
- Water with lemon helps to dilute uric acid, the built-up of which leads to pain in the joints and gout.
- Water with lemon is beneficial for pregnant women. Since lemons are loaded with Vitamin C, it acts as an adaptogen helping the body cope with viruses such as colds. Furthermore, Vitamin C helps the formulation of bone tissue of the unborn baby. At the same time, due to the high content of potassium, a mixture of water with lemon helps to form cells of the brain and nervous system of a baby.
- Water with lemon relieves heartburn. For this, mix a teaspoon of lemon juice in half a glass of water.
- Water with lemon helps dissolve gallstones, kidney stones, pancreatic stones and calcium deposits.
- Water with lemon helps with weight loss. Lemon contains pectin fibre, which helps suppress hunger cravings. Studies have proven people with a better alkaline diet have lost weight faster.
- Water with lemon helps with tooth pain and gingivitis.
- Water with lemon prevents cancer. This is due to the fact that lemons are a highly alkaline food. Multiple studies have found that cancer cannot thrive in an alkaline environment.
How and When to Drink Water with Lemon
For this purpose, use warm purified or spring water. Take half a cup of water without sugar and squeeze in there at least half a lemon or lime. Better to use a special juicer (to get the most juice with minimal effort). You need to drink water with lemon first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. So, when life gives you a bunch of lemons, make water with lemons!